Sunday, March 25, 2012

Time to Adjust!

Wow!!! We have been back for a week now and many of us are adjusting back. Some are adjusting easily, while it is taking time for others. I remember when I got back I was so excited to tell my family about my experience. I told many of them my stories and how great it was and the many wonderful things we had done.

Going to United Arab Emirates has changed me in so many ways. I learned a lot about their culture and way of life there. They are very friendly and kind people. When we would go and do things they always called us madam. When they called us that I feel they treat us very highly and well. It made me think of how their hospitality and treatment of guest and visitors is different and well. We also visited so many places that I do not even know where to begin. Since there is so many things to talk about I will focus on some of my highlights along the conference.

Some of the highlights during the trip was being able to see their way of life by touring the place. I think that from this we saw how wealthy and hardworking their people and place was. There were tall skyscrapers, very unique built buildings, and more. In Dubai were we were at felt very westernize. It in a way reminded me of California with all the palm trees and the dry areas. That was interesting how it made me think that way. I also really enjoyed going to the Women's Heritage Village in Abu Dhabi. I enjoyed seeing the handcrafted work that many of the women there made. It was unique and it seem very complicated to make, but they made it look easy and natural. We were also able to see camels and see the wonderful beach in that area. We did so much that I loved everything. It was my first time ever going outside of the US and I enjoyed the choice that I made in going to Abu Dhabi.


Attending the Conference has motivated me and inspired me to become a better leader. There were many wonderful Keynote Speaker such as Sigourney Weaver, and other wonderful women. From their speeches, it has made me want to make a difference in the world. They had done so much and I feel I want to do the same. The sessions were interesting and very educational. The conference was not only covering topics on the environment. That is because when people hear the word sustainable they often think about things relating to the environment. It was more than that. It covered other topics about women leadership and how to sustain them as well. It is hard to put the experience into words. From this conference we were able to meet wonderful women from the area as well as from all over the global. I met some people that I would not probably meet at all. Many of the women were from Kuwait, India, Pakistan, Japan, Singapore, Africa, Germany, areas in Europe,and more. It was amazing to see women from all over the world coming together to this conference. Many had wonderful goals and they had motivated me to do my best.

I learned a lot from this trip and I really recommend for many CSB students to take advantage and apply to go in the Year 2014.

1 comment: