Sunday, February 26, 2012

An Incredible Journey Awaits

27 days! It's hard to believe we are leaving in less than a month! It still feels so unreal...and I don't think it will feel real to me until we land in Dubai. I applied for the trip not expecting to get in because I heard there were many many applicants. I even told myself I wasn't going to be selected, that way I wouldn't be so disappointed. I couldn't believe it when I recieved the e-mail saying I had been selected. Two months after recieving that email, and I still can't believe it! Words cannot express how unbelievably excited I am. I find that no matter what I'm thinking about, my thoughts always wander back to this trip!

I am so grateful to St. Bens and the IWL for organizing this trip and giving me and my fellow delegates the opportunity of a lifetime. I'm proud to be representing St. Bens and look forward to sharing my experiences when I return. My freshman year is only halfway over, but I know that this is going to be the hightlight of my freshmen year of college. Much is learned by reading textbooks and listening to classroom lectures, but first-hand experience is the best way to learn and grow.

I have done a fair amount of traveling, but in my wildest dreams could never have imagined having the opportunity to experience what life is like half a world away. I can't wait to experience everything the UAE has to offer.

This conference will be a powerful learning experience and I look forward to being inspired by the influential women that will be presenting at this conference. Women's leadership is important to me. I hope to one day use the knowledge I gain to be instrumental in achieving my dream of becoming a leading figure in foreign affairs, and one day an ambassador for the United States.

- Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment